• Ethan Cai

Campus Reform - EXPERTS: New UMich tuition policy benefitting illegals violates intent of law

Illegal immigrants do not have permanent legal resident status in the U.S., so colleges typically consider them out-of-state students.

With the new university policy, any student can qualify for in-state tuition and claim residency in Michigan if they go to a middle school in Michigan for at least two years and also by earning a GED or by graduating from a Michigan high school that they attended for a minimum of three years, according to Inside Higher Ed. Read the full story at Campus Reform.

IRLI is a supporting organization of the Federation for American Immigration Reform.

Copyright © 2019 Immigration Reform Law Institute. All rights reserved.